- Accreditation Faculty Chair
- Career Technical Education Pathway Program Coordinator
- Educational Master Plan Work Group Faculty Chair
- Guided Pathways Faculty Coordinator
- Guided Pathways Navigators
- Instructional Partnerships Coordinator
- Learning Center Director
- Noncredit Pathways & Employ. Readiness
- Faculty Coordinator
- Professional Development Coordinator
- Puente Project English Instructor
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Mon, June 11
....about assignment opportunities
THE REVIEWS ARE IN -
and they're good!
Of the 375 students who have RSVP'd for graduation so far, almost half report being accepted to a university. Approximately 135 report being accepted to a Cal State. About 20 report being accepted to a UC. The rest report being accepted to out-of-state and private colleges including Loyola, Grambling, University of Kansas, Arizona State and others.
When asked "What's the best thing about West?", they said...
- West Los Angeles made it possible for me to gain focus and achieve my goals and no that I can accomplish anything with their helpful staff and careful guidance I was able to complete tasks that one point seemed impossible
- The best thing for me has been my English professors. They made each class wonderful
- The C2C is a family of students, Counselor and staff who support C2C Students and I could not have been so successful without them.
- The film/tv stagecraft production program has given me the opportunity to start a new career where I can make enough money to support myself and my family.
- Class Schedule and Evening Classes for working & single parent students.
- Very welcoming environment and its always ready to serve students with what they need to become successful in life. West is the BEST place to start.
- EOPS and Scholars Guardian were my right hand to the right path. thank you
- The Political Science teachers helped encourage my interest in the subject.
- I had previously attended 3 different colleges and I can honestly say that West Los Angeles College made me feel welcome from the first day and I was thankfully able to find some success.
DREAM CENTER FUND RAISER
Sat, July 7 | 1:00 - 4:00
Don't miss the BBQ Fundraiser to support
LACCD's 9 Dream Resource Centers and Undocumented students...for more info, email Michael@LACollegePromise.org
Enjoy These Community Events at West
Annual Culver City Exchange Club
4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS SHOW
produced by the Culver City Exchange Club
WESTSIDE FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
July 21 & 22
a Todd Elliott Entertainment Event
JUNE INFORMATION SESSIONS
SAT, JUN 9.....ACT (Accelerated College Transfer)
This outstanding program is designed to allow college-ready working adults to earn an Associate Degree and qualify for college transfer in just 2 years by attending class only 1 or 2 nights per week or on weekends.
THUR, JUN 21..........Paralegal
West's outstanding Paralegal program recently earned a Strong Workforce Program recognition from the State Chancellor's Office for 76% of recent grads attaining the regional living wage or higher.
SAT, AUG 19
- Hands on assistance with online application, course selection and class registration
- Complete the Assessment test
- Get info on majors and student services
YEAR END CELEBRATIONS
Mon, June 4 | 5:00 - 7:00 | SSB 414
TRANSFERRING THIS FALL?
June 5 - Graduation Day | 11:00 - 1:00
Have You Been Accepted to a University? Join the Transfer Center Celebration at graduation. RSVP to RobersD@wlac.edu
BLACK SCHOLARS RECEPTION
Tues, June 5 | immediately after commencement | Library 4th Floor
EOPS / TRIO / CALWORKS STUDENT RECEPTION
Fri, Jun 8 | Off Campus
Share your pics & success stories with #GoWestGoFar, @WestLACollege or email InfoWLAC@gmail.com
JUNE GALLARY SHOW
Reception Thur, June 7
| 5:00 - 8:00
All are invited to the free reception for the June WLAC Fine Arts Gallery Show - "Artists Painting Artists" featuring works by artists seen in prestigious venues such as the Met, MoMa and LACMA. The artists include Sam Francis, Don Bachardy, Guy Dill, D.J. Hall, Kent Twitchell and Bradford Salamon. Admission is free. Parking is available directly adjacent to the gallery in the Parking Structure for $2 - exact change will be needed...about the exhibit.
FOR RECENT HIGH SCHOOL
& ADULT SCHOOL GRADS
SUMMER PATHWAY: Incoming Freshmen are invited to sign-up for a 3-Week program designed to help them succeed in college from Day #1. This transition program will include assistance completing Financial Aid forms to ensure funds are available when classes start, registering for Fall classes, and getting to know the campus and its services. It's also a great opportunity to meet fellow incoming freshmen.
$0.00 TUITION: 2018 LAUSD high school and adult school grads are eligible for a $0.00 tuition scholarship - regardless of household income. Learn more and apply today for the LA College Promise Program at West.
CONGRATS TO OUR ATHLETICS
"WESTPY" AWARD WINNERS
Students traded in their sweats and sneaker for sequence and spats at the 2018 Westpy Awards held on the 4th floor of the Library overlooking the city at sunset.
STUDENT ATHLETES OF THE YEAR:
- Brenda Rosales-Coria (Track and Field) -
WSC Track MVP, 2018 CCCAA Track & Field State Champion
- Brianna Anugwom (W. Basketball) -
3.07 GPA, WSC So. Player of the Year, Full Scholarship to UCSB
STUDENT-ATHLETE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
COACH OF THE YEAR: Anthony Jones (M. Basketball)
TEAM OF THE YEAR: Women’s Basketbal
Mon, June 3: 7:30am-8:00pm
ADMISSIONS, COUNSELING, ASSESSMENT, FINANCIAL AID & BUSINESS OFFICE:
JUNE 4 - 8
Mon, Wed, Thur 8:30 - 7:00; Tues 8:30 - 3:00; Fri 8:30 - 5:00
JUNE 11 - 15
Mon - Thur 8:30 - 7:00; Fri 8:30 - 5:00
JUNE 18 - AUG 17
Mon & Thur 8:30 - 5:00; Tues & Wed 8:30 - 7:00;
Fri 8:30 - 1:00 (Counseling is open until 3:30)