How to Apply for Financial Aid
Prior to applying online, visit www.pin.ed.gov to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) so that you may electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parent(s) may also apply for a PIN. As instructed on the website, if you do not have a PIN for an electronic signature, be sure to print and mail the signature page when you transmit your application.
- Go on-line to www.fafsa.gov and follow the instructions for completing an application. (Make sure you add West’s school code (008596) on the FAFSA)
- After 4 days log into the Student Information System (SIS).
- You need to select your financial aid processing school -- Click on “Online Forms” and select “West Los Angeles College”. You must wait 48 hours for the system to load your information on the web. After 48 hours login again to SIS and continue to Step #4.
- Click on “Financial Aid” on the right hand side of the screen.
- Select “West Los Angeles College”, semester and academic year from the drop down menu. Click on FA Status at the bottom of the page.
- If anything is required from you, you will see a list of documents you need to complete either online and/or submit additional documentation to the office.
NOTE: If the system indicates “No Record” found for West Los Angeles College, you may have listed multiple colleges (within the LACCD), therefore you must select your “financial aid processing school” by following instructions on Step #2.
- If you have been selected for verification, you and/or your parents will need to complete additional information.
NOTE: If we request you to submit IRS Tax Transcript for 2012, we recommend that you go back to your FAFSA and utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in place of submitting the IRS Tax Transcript. Please DO NOT make corrections to the retrieved data from IRS; otherwise, we will still require you to submit the IRS Tax Transcript.
Financial aid applications for the 2013-14 school year are now available. Go to the FAFSA website to apply online.
The financial aid office will start accepting 2013-14 financial aid documents on March 11, 2013.
Priority Date For 2013-2014
May 3, 2013 - priority for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014
The priority date is established to encourage early application for financial aid. Students who have missed the priority date may still apply as funds may still be available. Students need to turn in their financial aid documents to the financial aid office on or before the priority date. If in doubt, call or visit the Financial Aid Office. Staff members are available to answer your questions and help you complete any of the forms.