Skip to Content


COVID-19: Online Classes & Service



You Are On the Student Page   Employee Page  Go to LACCD Page

To access your classes  to access services  Frequently Asked Questions


Most online courses will be offered through Canvas unless you are advised otherwise through your instructor.  Access Canvas through the Student Portal at 


Your Student Portal

About Canvas

About Zoom 

  • VIDEO - Using Zoom in Canvas

About Proctorio (for tests)

Other Distance Education Tools


You may access services such as Admissions, Counseling, Financial Aid, the Business Office, Food/Housing Support, DSPS and more via their web pages, LiveChat, email and phone.

You may also access services through the Student Portal - to 


Classes  |  Services  |  $0 Tuition Promise Program

Financial Aid  |  Refunds  |  Graduation & Transfer

Classes and Registration

Q: When will classes resume on-campus?

LACCD Chancellor Rodriguez has announced that Fall 2020 classes at all nine colleges will be provided remotely as well as student support services and most of the District’s business operations.

Q: What is Canvas?

Canvas is an online "Learning Management System" (LMS) that provides classes with the ability to be conducted online.  VIDEO

Q: I'm having trouble logging on to the Student Portal (MyCollege.LACCD.eduand/or using Canvas. Who can help me?

Call (844) MyLACCD or (844) 695-2223 M-F 8am – 7pm.  For Canvas only issues, you can also contact 3CSN (844) 303-5595  3CSN Hours: 24 / 7

Q: What do I do if I don't own a computer or have internet access?

Any device that can connect to the internet can be used to access online course materials and lectures.  This includes internet cell phones, tablets and laptops. Unfortnately, computer labs at West must remain closed for now.

CHROMEBOOKS: Both LACCD and WLAC have a limited number free Chromebooks which are being given to qualified students. To Apply

Q: Do I have to virtually attend my classes at specified times?

It depends on which category your class fall into. Read the class description notes carefully.

  • ASYNCHRONOUS ONLINE" - NO set meeting times.
  • "SYNCHRONOUS ONLINE" - REQUIRED attendance, via computer, at virtual scheduled meetings.
  • "ASYNC and SYNC ONLINE" - SOME REQUIRED attendance, via computer, at virtual scheduled meetings. 

Q: What if I become ill and can't complete my class?

Please work with your professor and we will work to be as flexible as possible. If needed, please reach out to the professor and college to request an incomplete, which will allow you to complete the work at a later time. Another option is to request an Excused Withdrawal (see above "Dropping a Class").

Q: I need accommodations for my class, who should I contact?

Please contact the WLAC DSPS office.  They will be able to assist your need for accommodations. PHONE: (310) 287-4450 EMAIL:

Q: How do I purchase textbooks?

You can order your books online and have them delivered to you. Visit 


Classes  |  Services  |  $0 Tuition Promise Program 

Financial Aid  |  Refunds  |  Graduation & Transfer

Services for Students

Q: Will still be available?

Yes, The Student Portal is still available and accessible at

Q: Will I be able to go to the campuses if I need help in person?

Not at this time. However, you may access services online, by phone and/or email. Many services offer LiveChat here via  Cranium Café / ConexEd. If you've never logged in before, you'll be asked to create an account.

Q: Will Counseling, Financial Aid and Admissions still be available?

Yes. Most services are available online, by LiveChat, phone and/or email.  

Q: How can I access basic need services (West Wardrobe/ Pantry / Housing Insecurity)?

The West Wardrobe and Food Pantry are closed until further notice. Please visit the Basic Needs Website to chat online with a live representative or make an appointment to get basic needs resources and referrals.




Classes  |  Services   $0 Tuition Promise Program 

Financial Aid  |  Refunds  |  Graduation & Transfer

$0 Tuition LA Promise Program

Q: Can I still submit a Promise application?

Yes, students are advised to email to request an LA College Promise Student Agreement. New College Students are expected to (a) submit a CA College Promise Grant (CCPG) or CA Dream Act Application. All applications can be found under the forms link on financial aid website.(b) complete a Summer Transition Activity, and (c) enroll full-time. Vist our Promise Page for more information.

Q: I am a current Promise student? Can I drop my classes?

Ongoing eligibility for Promise is unchanged: full-time enrollment and earning a minimum 2.000 GPA in coursework you complete. Drop deadlines are also being enforced. Please contact prior to dropping classes for additional consultation.


Classes  |  Services  |  $0 Tuition Promise Program 

Financial Aid  |  Refunds  |  Graduation & Transfer

Financial Aid

Q: Do I need to renew my FAFSA for next year?

The 2020-2021 FAFSA is available for renewal at

Q: How can I be assisted with my financial aid questions?

The Financial Aid office is providing services online and by phone. Visit

Q: Does an Excused Withdrawal (EW) affect my financial aid eligibility?

Excused Withdrawal is still considered when calculating Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). The EW may impact your completion percentage and attempted unit standards when SAP is calculated for the next aid year. If you are a current financial aid student on probation due to not meeting SAP initially campuses may give special consideration to not become ineligible.

Q: How will dropping / withdrawing from courses affect my financial aid?

Dropping or withdrawing from classes may or may not affect you immediately or in the future.

  • May need to repay portion of financial aid disbursed if withdraw from all classes. You will receive a notification if this applies to you.
  • Please note this may impact Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in a future aid year.

Q: How will my enrollment be reported to NSLDS if my enrollment is disrupted due to closure of campus because of the Coronavirus?

Reporting will continue to be sent to NSLDS. Institutions can enter into temporary consortium agreements with other institutions to allow students to complete and transfer in coursework from another institution, but be awarded credit at their home institution.

Q: Can I still get financial aid if all of my classes become online?

Yes. However, if you enroll in all online classes and your home or mailing address reflects any of these states, a registration hold will be placed on your account and or dropped from your classes if already enrolled prior to address update. You will not be eligible for financial aid.

Check here for an up to date list of restricted states and territories.

Q: Will the processing time for my financial aid be impacted because of campus closure?

Processing times will be impacted during campus closure. Updates will be shared as more information becomes available.

Q: Will I still be able to get a disbursement?

Yes, current disbursement schedules can be found on your campus financial aid website.

Q: I submitted my 2020-2021 financial aid application. How will I know if they received it?

Notifications will be sent the beginning of April to all students whose applications we have received. Your student portal will be updated with 2020 – 2021 aid year information once we receive your financial aid application.

Q: Will my loan continue to accrue interest?

After President Trump’s announcement of freezing interest on federal student loans as part of the National Emergency Declaration, we are waiting on more information and guidance on details of who will be eligible.


Classes  |  Services  |  $0 Tuition Promise Program 

Financial Aid  |  Refunds  |  Graduation & Transfer

Paying for Classes & Refunds

Q: I cannot continue my class(es) online, will I get a refund for my classes?

Go to answer


Classes  |  Services  |  $0 Tuition Promise Program 

Financial Aid  |  Refunds  |  Graduation & Transfer

Graduation, Transcripts & Transferring

Q: Will there still be a commencement ceremony?

No decision has been made regarding 2021 Commencement.

Q: How do I evaluate my transcript or get a petition for credit?

Contact the Counseling Office

Q: I have questions about graduation or the evaluation of my award (certificate, Associate or Bachelor's degree) ?

You can contact the Graduation Office via Cranium Care / Donnex or email:

Q: How do I order transcripts?

View the how to video video and access the appropriate links and forms on our Transcripts Page. 

Q: How do I apply for my degree or certificate?

You’ll need to file a graduation petition. Visit our Graduation Page to review the process, view a how to video and access the forms.

Q: Who do I speak to about my plans to transfer to a university and for IGETC Certification?

Speak to any WLAC counselor about your transfer plans.

To direct questions to the Transfer Center at Email: