Skip to Content


  • Get Help Registering for Classes
  • LACCD Password Reset
  • General Assistance & Support







Welcome Center


Welcome Center Live Chat


Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm 
Friday: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm

NOTE: Students should leave a name, student ID (if applicable), EMAIL (no phone numbers), and nature of inquiry. 

Phone: (310) 287-7250 or 7251 or 4462


Our staff is available to assist new and returning college students with your application and completing each of the important steps below:

  • Obtain your placement in Math and Language (English or English Second Language)
  • Complete your New Student Orientation
  • Receive Counseling Services
  • Identify Special Support Programs for additional support and benefits
  • Apply and benefit from Financial Aid funding
  • Class enrollment and scheduling

What about Assessment/Placement testing?

New WLAC students now qualify for placement into university-transfer level math and English courses without Assessment testing. Students have the option to enroll in 

  • English 101 (or lower) 
  • English Second Language 6 or 8 
  • Math 215 (Principles of Math), 227 (Statistics), 245 (College Algebra) 

If you applied BEFORE March 2019 can also obtain university-transfer level placement by completing the steps below.

  • Login to your Student Portal ( 
  • Under your To-Do Checklist, click on "More to-do list details) 
  • Click "English & Math Placement" and complete the five-question Web Form. Your new placement will appear within 1 business day. 

We recommend you speak with a WLAC Counselor to determine if or which classes are required for your educational goal and major. Students may enroll in STEM courses by completing the pre-requisites or submitting the Pre-Requisite Completion or Challenge petitions with qualifying supporting documentation. STEM courses include:

  • Math 235 (Finite Mathematics),
  • Math 236 (Calculus for Business and Social Science)
  • Math 241 (Trigonometry with Vectors) 


You are not required to complete the Orientation if you

  • Earned an AA, AS, BS, BA or higher degree
  • Are still attending High School in 11th grade or lower
  • Have on file at West LA College:
  1. A Current Student Education Plan with a Counselor
  2. Documentation of completed Assessment testing or pre-requisite completion
  3. Completed the West LA College Orientation.

Accomodations for Students with Special Needs

Accommodations are made for students with special needs. 
For more Information click here: DSPS Department

Know Your Rights

View policies regarding Academic, Administrative, Discrimination, Grievance, and Sexual Harassment / Assault - Title IX